This policy was last updated in July 2021. We may update this policy at any time by amending this page and you should therefore check this page from time to time to review any changes we may have made.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you engage us in the provision of subscription services.
The personal data that we process includes:
- Contact information including email and phone number
- Basic information including name (including your name prefix or title), job title and the company you work for.
- Marketing information including preferences in receiving marketing materials from us.
- Technical information including IP address, operating system, web browser and other technology on the devices that you use to access our website.
- Information you provide as part of an enquiry into our services.
- Information you provide as part of your job application and during an interview.
- Any other information which you may provide to us.
How is your personal data collected?
- Contact forms – we collect information when you fill in forms on our website or contact us via email, phone or letter.
- Services – we collect information from you when you provide it to us in the course of us providing you with services.
- Personal interactions – we collect information from you when you interact with our staff.
- Automated technologies – we collect information about you automatically via technology tools such as cookies.
- Third parties – we may collect information about you from publicly available. sources, your references, business-to-business market intelligence companies and other service providers.
Purposes for which we may use your personal data
We collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you engage us in the provision of services for the following purposes:
- For recruitment purposes.
- To provide services and/or information to you.
- To fulfil our legal and regulatory requirements including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
- To respond to your requests and enquiries.
- To manage and administer our relationship with you and our clients.
- To prevent and detect fraud and other criminal offences.
- To ensure network and information security.
- To host, maintain and improve our marketing communications website.
We may also use your personal data for:
We may use your personal data to send you marketing communications about services, publications, industry updates, events and surveys that we believe may be of interest to you.
We will only contact you for these marketing purposes in accordance with our legitimate business interests or where you have explicitly agreed to this. Your agreement to the use of your personal data for these purposes is optional and if you do not wish to provide your agreement, your visit and use of our website and/or provision of services by InstiHub Analytics Limited will not be affected.
You have the right to request us not to use your personal data for marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving these by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any such electronic communication or through following the opt-out instructions provided in any marketing communication.
Use of our website
There may be facilities on our website which invite you to provide us with personal data including our contact us form and contact email addresses. The purpose of these facilities is apparent from the point at which you provide your personal data to us and we only use the information for those purposes.
Our website also uses Google Analytics or other web-based analytics tool to track and report on the manner in which the website is used to help us improve it.
Legal basis for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to as in the specific instances set out below:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes provided it does not override your rights and freedoms.
- To perform a contract such as providing you with services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations including for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Where we have received your explicit consent.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services, for legitimate business interests, in accordance with contract, and where required or allowed under law.
Who we share your personal data with
- Professional advisors including lawyers, insurers and auditors
- IT and website service providers including Google Analytics
- Third party suppliers to help provide services to you subject to the agreed contractual terms between you and us.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow external third-party providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also provide your information to regulators and law enforcement agencies where we are legally required to do so and where necessary for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud or other criminal offences. If legally permitted, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you prior to disclosing your information to such parties.
How we protect your personal data
Our website is hosted on servers in the European Economic Area. We have appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access to your personal data. We use network access control technology to limit access to the systems on which personal data is stored, and our IT team monitor for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website.
All email communication is routed through and stored within UK servers and UK based datacentres. when both sending and receiving parties support this (all major mail servers support this level of encryption.
We note that the information you provide may be confidential and although we may share information with third parties in accordance with our privacy and data protection commitments, we will never sell or otherwise make your personal data commercially available to any third party. Please see the section on ‘Who we share your personal data with’
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the UK Information Commissioner’s Office where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right (subject to certain exceptions) to:
- Access, correct, delete, update, rectify or restrict the use of your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data or withdraw consent that you have previously given.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party.
- Ask any questions about our use and processing of your personal data.
Please email us at email@example.com and we will provide you with all rights to which you are entitled in respect of your personal data and any exceptions that may apply.
Please note that we may ask for further information from you in order to prove your identity before disclosing any personal data to you. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the authority responsible for data protection in the country in which you are based. Contact details should be available online, or you may alternatively ask us for assistance.
Our contact information
If you have any queries in relation to this policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org